Skulls by Filip Leu
A striking and vast range of skull drawings by the Swiss master tattoo artist, Filip leu.
The skull is a subject matter that boasts so many representations that it can be compared to the letter "A" of the western alphabet. Its symbolism takes on various forms in art, literature, religion, and across different cultures. The skull also has a specific role and identity in tattoo art. From Tibetan skulls to hooded reapers to dragon skeletons, this book contains almost every type of skull imaginable with over 300 unique and expressive ink-drawn sketches and tattoo designs, all done by the hand of master tattoo artist, Filip Leu. Leu’s explorations and interpretations of the skull (with extraordinary drawings of Tibetan and Asian skulls) reflect the recent renaissance in popular culture (from music to street fashion) of this iconic cultural symbol.
Filip Leu (b. 1967, Paris) is a third-generation artist and second- generation tattooer. Together with his parents he created "The Leu Family’s Family Iron Studio and Museum" in Lausanne, Switzerland in 1982. After travelling extensively as a child and living in Goa, he began tattooing full-time at the age of 15. In 2001, he co-founded the Art Fusion Experiment, a group presenting tattoo artists as fine artists. He has created collaborative painting performances in places such as the Palazzo Ducale, Genoa, the National Arts Club, N.Y.C., Alex Grey’s Microcosm Gallery, N.Y.C., and HR Giger Museum, Gruyère, Switzerland.
- The skull is one of the most recognizable symbols of today’s contemporary visual culture.
- Reinterpreted by artists, illustrators and designers, it has become one of the most iconic cultural symbols of our time (from high couture to street fashion to contemporary art to tattoos).
- Innovator and pioneer of ink art, Filip leu is one of the world’s foremost master tattoo artists.
- Limited signed and numbered edition.
- Features a silk-screened cloth hardcover in a slipcase.
All products purchased on the www.tattoolifestore.com website are normally delivered within 3-5 working days from the order date if you choose UPS courier, and within 3-7 days if you choose "Standard Shipping with other couriers" (AVAILABLE ONLY FOR EU ZONE).
If you wish to return your purchase, you have 15 days from the order reception date to return purchased products.